8/29/11

Macho Man Sunglasses

Randy "Macho Man" Savage left us too soon. For a few weeks following his death, I obsessed over the man, reading every obituary, watching hours of fuzzy VHS transfers on YouTube, and incessantly growling "SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM!"

My lust for Macho Man ephemera grew, but it was impossible to locate any official gear. Saddened that I couldn't find a DayGlo-yellow tasseled sequined leather jacket or a checkered neon cowboy hat, I decided to buy some wholesale shades and customize them with decorative foils.

You can find pairs I've already made, or submit an order for a custom-made pair on my Etsy page. Without a doubt, they're the key accessory in any Macho Man Halloween costume.

Here are some examples:

Glitter Gold Stripe



Checkered Flat Yellow

Checkered Glitter Gold

Icicle Blue



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude these are awesome

Drew Stearns said...

Thanks! You can buy a pair of them on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/83798763/macho-man-sunglasses-made-to-order

Anonymous said...

These are off the hook! I like these frames better than the party frames. What should I say in the order so you know I want these?!

Drew Stearns said...

Thanks for the kind words!

Unfortunately, this style of frame is no longer available.

However, I'm looking into having similar frames manufactured in the near future. If you're interested in a pair, drop me a message at drew.stearns@gmail.com